- LA COLLINA DEL VENTO arrived now at 80.000 copies in all.
- Carmine Abate has been listed at the 4th place in the Nielsen General list of this week.
- Carmine Abate has been listed at the first place in the Italian Fiction section.
- LA COLLINA DEL VENTO, by Carmine Abate won the Campiello literary prize.
- Mondadori reprint of 50.000 copies of LA COLLINA DEL VENTO.
- 50 sbavature di Giogio written by Rossella Calabrò has been listed at the 8th place in the top ten.
- 50 sbavature di Gigio written by Rossella Calabrò, has been reprinted of 50.000 copies.
- The latest news announced today by the jury is that only three novels are still competing for the Award and L'ULTIMO HACKER is one of them! Click here to read the news.
- Piacere io sono Gauss written by Silvia Tesio will be translated in Spanish language, DeBolsillo won the hard-fought auction.
- The series that have as their main character Lolita Lobosco, has been aptly described as “noir pieno di colori (noir full of colors)” for the vibrant images they evoke of Southern Italy in the midst of mystery. To read the whole article please click here.
- L'ULTIMO HACKER, by Giovanni Ziccardi has been shortlisted as finalist at the crime festival NebbiaGialla
- Silvana Gandolfi won the Prix Sorcière 2012 with IO DENTRO GLI SPARI (French edition by Editions des grandes personnes) in the YA category.
- Pre-empted in the Netherlands LA SPIAGGIA DEI CANI ROMANTICI, last novel by Marino Magliani. Prometheus will publish next April.
- In France, Liana Levi editions, Nel Mare ci sono i coccodrilli has debuted at #10 on L’Express bestseller list in the essay category.
- French rights to the beautiful novel SANGUE MIO, by Davide Ferrario have gone to Lattès. After Russia, France brings the number of territories to two.
- Luigi Garlando and LE CIPOLLINE raise the astonishing goal of 1 milion copies sold in Italy. Here the article of Panorama magazine.
- Russian rights to the third chapter of the Elfo saga by Silvana De Mari, Gli ultimi incantesimi, have been sold to Meshcheryakov.
- Sold in Spain SUPERGOL, by Luigi Garlando, author of the incredible series GOL, translated into 13 territories.
- Dutch rights to UN ANNO FA DOMANI by Sebastiano Mondadori have been sold for a nice offer to De Bezige Bij.
- Click here to read one more article on TG Com about the amazing discover made by Antonio Forcellino and described in his remarkable LA PIETA' PERDUTA.
- Here the interview on Wise Society with Alberto Cairo, shortlisted for the 2010 Nobel Peace Prize and author of MOSAICO AFGANO, the stunning story of twenty years in Afghanistan.
- Carlsen obtained German rights to the beautiful novel IO DENTRO GLI SPARI by Silvana Gandolfi bringing the total number of territories sold to four.
- Cristina Zagaria and Anna Maria Scarfò, Malanova, on lavanguardia.es. Here the article.
- Click here to read about the first edition of Industry books. Among the others, IO DENTRO GLI SPARI by Silvana Gandolfi and LA CIRCONFERENZA DELLE ARANCE by Gabriella Genisi have been shortlisted to be presented to the main producers.
- October 5th: G&A will attend the Frankfurt Book Fair. Our table is 4J in the Agents Center.
- New foreign sale for Gaston Champignon's Cipolline team: Polish rights to GOL! have gone to Ksiegarnia Sylabus bringing the total number of territories to 12.
- Click here to read the terrific article published on Sunday Times about the surprising discover of LA PIETA' PERDUTA by Antonio Forcellino.
- Russian rights to the powerful story about the surprising discover of the relationship between a father and his daughter, SANGUE MIO by Davide Ferrario have gone to Ripol.
- Luigi Garlando confirms his great success throughout the world. La Galera bought Catalan rights to the first number of SUPERGOL!, SCENDI IN CAMPO CON LE CIPOLLINE.
- Great success and third territory for Silvana Gandolfi's new novel IO DENTRO GLI SPARI, a commovent story of two children involved with mafia. Hungarian rights have been sold to People Team Millenium Ltd. Rights previously sold to Brazil and France.
- Independent booksellers selected Carmine Abate's The Homecoming Party for the August 2010 Indie Next List. The monthly list of recommended books is a popular feature of IndieBound, an online community of indie booksellers from across the US.
Critics called The Homecoming Party "smooth, sophisticated, generous hearted" (Three Percent) and "a lovely, sentimental hymn" (Publishers Weekly). "Never have 167 pages seemed so short," raved Shelf Awareness.
- French rights to Silvana Gandolfi's new novel IO DENTRO GLI SPARI about the story, inspired from the truth, of two children involved with mafia, have been sold to Editions des Grandes Personnes. Rights previously sold to Brazil.
- Carla Maria Russo is the winner of the 2010 Fenice Europa Award with Lola nascerà a diciott'anni ahead of Gianni Biondillo and Francesco Carofiglio. Click here to read the news on the dedicated website.
- Gabriele Romagnoli, well known journalist and writer, is back with UN TUFFO NELLA LUCE (Mondadori). New York during the 9/11 attacks: - An original and moving story of underground isolation. Click here to read the preview published on Repubblica the 25th of August, and here to read the article by Maurizio Bono.
- G&A closing time: the agency will be closed from the 9th until the 23rd of August.
- Portuguese rights for Brazil to Silvana Gandolfi’s new novel IO DENTRO GLI SPARI, about the story, inspired from the truth, of two children involved with Mafia, have been pre-empted to Rocco Editora.
- Smettila di camminarmi addosso by Claudia Priano (Guanda) has been shortlisted as finalist of the fourth edition of the 2010 National Fiction Award “Maria Teresa Di Lascia” along with Margherita Oggero and Giuseppina Torregrossa. Click here to more information.
- Lia Levi author of La sposa gentile, (e/o) has been shortlisted for the 2010 Premio Roma together with Gianrico Carofiglio, Massimo Lugli, Letizia Muratori and Francesco Ongaro. Moreover she is one of the five finalist of the 2010 Premio Biblioteche di Roma as well.
- Luigi Garlando confirms the great success of his series in Spain. Random house Mondadori and La Galera SAU Editorial bought numbers 11 and 12 of GOL!
- The famous journalist and bestselling author Beppe Severgnini suggests in a "fortuitous" review on Il Corriere Della Sera to read Marco Niada's IL TEMPO BREVE during the summer, "because is an antidote for frenzy's poison". Click here to read the article.
- Four new territories for Fabio Geda and Enaiatollah Akbari bestselling novel Nel mare ci sono i coccodrilli! Catalan rights to La Galera SAU Editorial, romanian rights to Editura Allfa, slovenian rights to Mladinska Knjiga and taiwanese rights to Aquarius.
- Silvana Gandolfi's new novel, IO DENTRO GLI SPARI will be published soon by Salani! The first ever Mafia story from the point of view of two children. A story inspired by the truth that urgently needed to be told. Click here to read the exclusive interview with the author. Manuscript available.
- Nel mare ci sono i coccodrilli by Fabio Geda and Enaiatollah Akbari disembarks in Greece, Psichogios has picked up the rights, bringing the total number of rights sales to eleven.
- Japanese language rights to Fabio Geda and Enaiatollah Akbari Nel mare ci sono i coccodrilli have been sold to Hayakawa Publishing. Now the territories are ten!
- Eravamo solo bambini (Piemme), the true and tragic story of a lost childhood. More than forty years later, Massimo Polidoro discloses the horrible truth of the former nun Diletta Pagliuca, cruel director of an orphanage where children are treated with merciless cruelty. Mario and Francesco together suffer hunger, the freezing cold and brutal mistreatment until Francesco disappears. The orphanage is closed. But many years later, when the site of so much suffering is demolished, the discovery of a small body wrapped in cellophane opens up never-healed wounds. Click here to see the booktrailer.
- New territory for Silvana De Mari's L'ULTIMO ELFO (Adriano Salani editore). Macedonian rights to the first chapter of the Elf's saga have gone to Vermilion Publishing.
- Nel mare ci sono i coccodrilli, by Fabio Geda and Enaiatollah Akbari, fascinates the Far East, Shanghai 99 in China has picked up the rights, bringing the total number of rights sales to nine.
- Film rights optioned by Cattleya for Fabio Geda and Enaiatollah Akbari's Nel mare ci sono i coccodrilli.
- World english rights to Nel mare ci sono i coccodrilli, by Fabio Geda and Enaiatollah Akbari, have been sold to Harvill Secker in the UK and Doubleday in the US.
- The Dutch edition of Camilla che odiava la politica (Dutch title: IK HAAT POLITIEK - Tuttibooks), by Luigi Garlando, has been read, with great success, simultaneously in 40 schools throughout The Netherlands.
Teachers, students e politicians, as mayors, have read exerpts from the book to explain the politics to children and youngsters.
More or less 5.000 people heard this original and interesting "lecture".
Camilla for President!
- Please click here to read a beautiful interview with Valeria Corciolani about her debut novel Lacrime di coccodrillo.
- Ready for the World Championship? Il Corriere della sera newspaper and Piemme will launch in kiosk the first 10 numbers of GOL, for a total printrun of 400.000 copies!
- Russian rights to Olivia Agostini’s debut novel La ruggine nel sangue, about the relationship between the two young guys who follow faithfully and duplicate the Romeo and Juliet's love story, have been sold to Ripol, beginning international sales!
- Commisaria Lolì conquers Germany! German rights of the entertaining La circonferenza delle arance, by Gabriella Genisi (Sonzogno) have been sold to Goldmann Verlag.
- Spanish rights to Lia Levi’s, who won the Italian Literary Award, Premio Alghero Donna 2010, great novel La sposa gentile, about the relationship between Amos and the young Teresa, have been sold to Alianza Editorial, beginning the sale season!
- Random House Mondad
ori for Spanish language and La Galera for the Catalan have bought numbers 9 and 10 of Le Cipolline !!!
- Macedonia is the eleventh territory for Gaston Champignon, Le Cipolline and GOL! series.
- Un anno fa domani by Sebastiano Mondadori (Instar) has been shortlisted for the 64th edition of the most important Literary Award in Italy, Premio Strega 2010.
- French rights to Fabio Geda's and Enayatollah Akbari bestselling novel Nel mare ci sono i coccodrilli, have been sold to Liana Levi, bringing the total number of territories sold to six.
- Commisaria Lolì conquers Greece. Greek rights of the of the entertaining La circonferenza delle arance, by Gabriella Genisi (Sonzogno) have been sold to Oceanida.
- GOL! series and LE CIPOLLINE landed also in Brazil bringing the number of territories sold to ten!
- Alessandro Perissinotto lands in Netherlands: The last novel Per vendetta (Rizzoli), will be soon translated for Dutch readers, published by Serena Libri.
- The incredible travel of the young Afghan political refugee Enayatollah Akbari, told by Fabio Geda in his best selling novel Nel mare ci sono i coccodrilli, conquers Brazil (Objectiva), Germany (Knaus), Spain (Destino), Netherlands (De Arbeiderspers) and UK (Harvil Secker).
- Piernicola Silvis debut novel, Un assassino qualunque, is now in the bookshops for German readers, published by Rowholt.
- Bologna Children Book Fair is approaching. G&A will attend it, as every year. Feel free to visit us at the Salani booth (hall 25 stand A7). We will be there from Tuesday 23rd until Thursday 25th.
- TTL - A beautiful blurb on Fabian Negrin's last work La vita intorno. Click here to read it.
- Russian rights for Io no (Rizzoli) by Lorenzo Licalzi have been sold to Ripol.
- Federica Bosco runs all Europe and Brazil. The queen of the Italian Women's Fiction conquers the international market. After France and Germany she will be soon translated in Spain, Portugal, Turkey, Serbia, Croatia, Russia, Romania and Brazil.
- New sales for the successful series GOL! by Luigi Garlando.
- First numbers are also translated in Germany by Kosmos; Greece by Modern Times; Denmark by Carlsen; Turkey by Epsilon; Indonesia by Penrbit Erlangga; Hungary by Pecsi Direkt; China by Guangdong.
- Thanks to Random House Mondadori and La Galera now all the Spanish and Catalan readers, could read the adventures, challenges and dreams of six boys and two girls - a comic-illustrated successful series where the focus is on soccer!
- Germany Goldmann published the second edition in two months of the successful book by Stefania Bertola, Ein Herz aus Schokolade (A neve ferma - Salani), for a total of 13.000 copies in less than two months!